Our church is well known for outreach and mission support not only in our own community but also internationally.
We support the United Church of Canada’s Mission and Services Fund and United Nations emergency appeals as well as a number of local charities, youth organizations, non-profit, self-help support groups and projects abroad.
Examples of our international involvement include:
• Costembar Orphanage in the Dominican Republic
• Georgian nurses medical mission to the DR
• Leprosy Mission
• Food for Families
• Sleeping Children Around the World
• Operation Christmas Child
Our local initiatives include:
• Grocery Assistance Program
• Georgian Food Locker
• David Busby Street Centre
• Women & Children’s Crisis Centre
• Hospice Simcoe
• Meals on Wheels
• Youth Haven
Our building is used regularly by a number of local self-help, support groups and community groups serving adults and children. We have opened our doors to the public for all-candidates meetings and election voting polls. More than 1,000 people a week use our facilities, including:
• Scouts, guides, cubs, brownies
• Kempenfelt Quilters
• Rhythm Grace Drumming Circle
• AA, NarAnon & AlAnon
• Simcoe Community Services.
We’re a concert venue for the Barrie Concert Association. We’re also the home of the Rhythm & Pitch free music lessons program for children.